Join Our Team!
Rita’s Roots Backyard Harvest is Growing! Not only Plants, but our Team too!
Job Title: Garden Guidance Guru
Hours per week: Part-time, 2-3 full days per week, leading up to full time as the business continues to grow; some weekends during peak gardening season
Contact: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Please include in the subject line: Garden Guidance Guru Application + Your Name
We are seeking a responsible and personable gardener who finds satisfaction in teaching others how to grow their own organic vegetables in the Tri-County Charleston area. We are a small, but mighty team, and enjoy working alongside each other to provide our clients with a high level of support. The Guru will primarily work side by side with clients in their gardens teaching them all aspects of organic vegetable gardening. The Garden Guidance Guru will report directly to Rita Bachmann, owner of Rita’s Roots and Guidance Guru Team Leader Kim Douglas.
What We Do
Since 2011, Rita’s Roots Backyard Harvest has been servicing the greater Charleston area by providing expertise to individuals wanting to experience the joy and benefit of an organic home vegetable garden.
Rita’s Roots provides full-service, organic garden support for the novice and experienced gardener. Our services include site assessment and consultation, garden installation, ongoing Garden Guidance and maintenance, classes, plant sales and our new Garden Growers Club.
- Family – We treat our team members and clients with the utmost respect
- Clean Living – We believe in living chemical-free lives, from the way we grow our food to the way we care for our mental and physical well-being
- Honesty – We believe in being transparent and open with our needs within the company and with our clients
- Hard Work – We self-motivate, show up for the job, and work diligently until the task is complete
- Experience growing organic vegetables in the Lowcountry or surrounding areas a must. Our climate presents unique challenges that only experienced gardeners can identify. The right kind of experience with growing vegetables in other climates will be considered.
- Proficiency in learning and using communications apps on their smart phone – Facebook, SLACK, Marco Polo
- Must have a reliable vehicle that can carry bagged soils and plants to client gardens
- Must have excellent people and communication skills
- Must present themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Must be organized and detail oriented
We Want to Meet You Because You Are
- Honest, hard-working, personable, and punctual
- Able to garden and teach at the same time
- Able to keep diligent records on a daily basis
- Able to lift and carry 50# bags of soil
- Able to lift, bend, squat, and use garden tools
- Able to work in the heat and cold
- Able to work independently and as part of a team